Sunday, August 7, 2011

Nostepinne


In the above picture, I am holding a Nostepinne. A Nostepinne enables you to wind yarn from a twisted skein. Tonight I wound the Manos Maxim # M8881 yarn I am using for my City Lights scarf. The yarn is gorgeous and the above picture doesn't do it justice.

The ball of yarn is supposed to be shaped like a cake, but mine tend to come out more like footballs. However, I can pull the yarn from the center of the skein for easy knitting or crocheting, so it does do what I need it to do.

Karen and I went to both Michael's and AC Moore yesterday. I bought ribbon yarn in a bag that was on sale and managed to spend less than $20.00. I try not to spend more than $20.00 a week in yarn or crafting supplies. Doesn't always work :)

Most Saturdays, I go to Perry's studio to craft but I talked to her on the phone instead yesterday. Her sister Kristin was there too and they were having falafel for lunch, YUM!

I have homework to do before I go to bed tonight, so unfortunately, I have to cut this post short.

http://www.yarn.com/webs-knitting-crochet-yarns-manos-del-uruguay/manos-del-uruguay-maxima/
Link for purchase of the yarn if you are so inclined. The yarn I am using for City Lights is called Beehive. For those of you who live in Massachusetts, this yarn can also be purchased at The Iron Horse in Natick. Be sure to also check out the bakery across the street :)

No comments:

Post a Comment